Thursday, March 20, 2008

What is stopping you? Strike when the Iron is Hot!

This morning I got up very inspired to write an article for my blog. I had something important to share which is what got me out of bed this morning. After doing my morning routine, the hot idea slipped me, and I still have not been able to re-find it in the "filing cabinet" of my brain! What did I learn from that?

My maternal grandfather was a blacksmith who helped build the Panama Canal. One of the cardinal rules of blacksmithing is to "strike while the iron is hot!"

In looking back, I have noticed that most successful people have a system that makes their success a no-brainer. One to the tools in the success tool box is to catch their newly formed idea and process it immediately in one of two manners: they write it down in a journal or notebook that is kept at their desk, or they put it in an 'idea folder' with a date in which they will get back to it, sometimes they jot down the key words that will jog their memory when they get back to it. Doing this allows them to keep the idea alive and yet frees their current thought processes from trying to hold one idea down while doing something else.

What wonderful ideas have you had today? What did you do with them? Ideas are like seeds. They need planting in good soil and nurturing in order to grow to be fruitful and serve others. What system do you have in place to make sure that you take care of your seeds and new plants?

If you have any thoughts or a system on ‘idea-nurturing’ that you want to share, please respond in this blog or e-mail me at blog-replies@IChooseSuccess.org, and I will share them with the readership.

Today is the only day that we have; make it a masterpiece!

Coach Lorna

1 Comments:

Blogger eWomenNetwork said...

Nice blog The most effective women's business organization for women entrepreneurs. eWomenNetwork is the #1 resource for women business owners to succeed. Let's network! Read more : www.ewomennetwork.com

Saturday, August 08, 2020 8:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home